Friday, March 03, 2006

Live from JC

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - March has arrived.

Everything that's good and right about college basketball was on display Thursday night as Gardner-Webb rallied from a 17-point, second-half deficit to down the host East Tennessee State Buccaneers, 64-63, in a heart-stopping affair.

There was drama, there were tears and there was a sense of magic in the air.

As usual, I hope I did it justice.

It's pretty cool to see the Bulldogs on SportsCenter, as the highlights were on the show and the last play - Jennings' last-second shot - was named as the top play in their daily Top 10.

Times like this make my job fun.

Meanwhile, hundreds of miles from here, Shelby will try to keep marching towards a state title in a 2A Western Regional showdown with West Caldwell.

I'd really like to see that bunch win a state title, and I say they will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home