Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's football time

OK, first impressions:

Crest is big and fast. I think the Charger defense will be solid out of the gate. It better be with all the new faces on offense...

Shelby looks solid. Year No. 2 of the Darryl Montgomery era at QB could be interesting. I'm sure he has a bad taste in his mouth after last year's state championship, so he should bounce back in a big way this season.

I haven't been up to Lawndale yet, but for my money, the most exciting player in the county is Bulldog quarterback Lance Camp. The junior rushed for 1,164 yards and 19 touchdowns while throwing for 2,273 yards and 14 more scores. Those numbers included a bad stretch against Shelby, North Gaston and East Rutherford early in 2004, so don't be shocked if he tops last year's stats.

I haven't been to Kings Mountain yet either, and honestly, I don't know much about them. Brandon McClain and a couple of their running backs return, but I think their OL took a big hit with graduation. Time will tell if the Mounties can reverse their recent losing ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home