Sunday, July 24, 2005

Mandatory update

I was walking out of Sunday School this morning when my teacher, former Shelby High quarterback Matt Webber, reminded me that my blog was older than the cheese in my fridge. OK, he didn't say that. He did, however, point out that my blog is woefully lacking in recent material. He's right, so here's a fix:

I am a fantasy baseball wizard. Well, maybe not, but I am currently kicking serious booty in the Fighting Libertarians League, which includes one of my bosses, Star editor Skip Foster, my mailman and two of my predecessors - Bryan Hanks and Drew Loftis. I won't bore you with the details about how I snared Pedro Martinez, Brian Roberts, Adam Dunn and Mark Prior in later rounds, befuddling my foes. I'll just say that, as of Sunday night, I have a 20-point lead over Hanks and Foster...

I can't begin to explain how ready for football season I am. Here are the questions I want to see answered:

1. How good will Crest's offense and Burns' linemen be?
2. Which Charlie Whitehurst (Heisman darkhorse or 7 TD, 17 INT choker) will take snaps for Clemson this season?
3. Can anybody give Southern Cal a decent game?
4. Can the Redskins bring their offense into this century?

Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, I have to admit: Randy is kicking serious booty in our baseball league. And it hurts. Deeply.

At least fantasy football is just around the corner.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Randy Capps said...

I'm winning, but the lead isn't as big as I'd like it to be...

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home