Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A friendly wager...

Well, fantasy football season is wrapping up and, much like my good buddy Drew Loftis, I'm in more leagues than I should be. And like brother Drew, I'm doing well.

One of my leagues has me meeting up with another pal, Kinston Free Press Sports Editor Bryan Hanks. Because we're boys, and not at all because I have a small gambling problem, we're wagering on the outcome.

If I win, I get a Kinston Indians cap. Should he emerge victorious, he gets a Myrtle Beach Pelicans hat.

Hey we're journalists. Did you expect money or something? And while I pause to give props to Hanks for winning his usual truckload of press awards, he's going down harder than the Spears family this weekend.

Here's the breakdown:

Free Press Predators (Hanks)
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Ryan Grant
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: T.J. Houshmandzadeh
TE: Kellen Winslow
PK: Neil Rackers
DEF: Steelers

Henderson Gunners (me)
QB: Vince Young
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Reggie Wayne
TE: Leonard Pope (I know he's hurt. Can't change him now...)
PK: Jeff Reed
DEF: Cowboys

On paper, I'm in trouble. But I did rock the Preds, 113-72, back in week 10.

So, I'm figuring that, since Hanks is "working" in Florida this week, fate will smile upon me for being stuck here in chilly Henderson.

Time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home