Thursday, November 08, 2007

Shocking the world

I watched it, but I don't believe it.

Gardner-Webb, my alma mater, went on the road tonight to play Kentucky as a 25.5-point underdog. I sat down in my recliner and flipped on ESPNU hoping that my Runnin' Bulldogs would play hard and keep it close.

"Anything but a blowout," I said to myself.

Guess I'll have to settle for the 16-point win.

This is a big deal for a team that was playing in Division II ball eight years ago. A school with 5,000 (and that's probably stretching it) students taking on one of the most storied programs in NCAA history - and totally dominating them?

Wow.

This was no fluke. This wasn't an unbelievable three-point shooting night or some one-in-a-million pot shot. This was a disciplined, prepared basketball team flat whipping a bunch of kids that had their minds someplace else.

Again, I don't believe it.

But it sure is fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabe Whisnant said...

"This was a disciplined, prepared basketball team flat whipping a bunch of kids that had their minds someplace else."

So true and the most impressive part of that win after watching the replay. GWU was clearly the aggressor. We'll see how and if this this carries them the rest of the way ...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home